Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wildlife on the quiet waters


The sun did actually shine one day almost two weeks ago as I paddled by this family of Canada geese on the Pemaquid River.  I am so blessed to have so much water within a few miles of my home...Little Pond, Paradise (Muddy) Pond, Biscay Pond, Pemaquid Pond, McCurdy Pond, Webber Pond, and the Pemaquid River.  My kayak and I have been out and about on several of them over the last couple of weeks.  Not much company out there this time of year, particularly on the damp, cold days and the wildlife abounds...beaver, osprey, ducks, and loons, as well as the very common pairs of geese honking their displeasure at my approach near their nests or young families.  Hope to get out three or four times over the next few days and am hoping for the promised sun and warmer temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment