Friday, June 17, 2011

The wilderness is calling

Planning, purchasing, and packing continue to fill my days.  Although my goal was to travel light (within the bounds of safety), it is hard to keep the pile from growing.  One fun purchase yesterday was a 4-piece pack spinning rod, which will fit easily in the boat.  I have gone back and forth about bringing fishing gear, but now the decision is made.  I'll add my license, of course, and a variety of lures, my favorite for trout being Rooster Tails.  To be honest, though, virtually all of my fishing success in Maine over the years has been with bass, rather than trout, which have rather eluded me.  Dad is bringing a pack fly rod on the Allagash and St. John.
Another publication, The Free Press in Rockland, this week published both our initial press release and an insert about the dog biscuit baking (see link below). http://www.freepressonline.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=13156&SectionID=57&SubSectionID=84&S=1

Halfway to the fundraising goal!!!  Our thermometer stands at $5,320, as of Wednesday's update, but the generous outpouring of support continues.  I am awed, humbled, inspired...and very ready to hit the water and get going.  Did I ever mention that the business cards arrived weeks ago?  Nice color combination, very professional looking, and I will no doubt leave a trail of them across the state in the coming weeks.  More news and pictures soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment