Monday, June 6, 2011

A weekend of celebrating family


Blue-bead lilies bloom profusely in my woods


Friendly garter snake that calls my window well home



My thoughts and time over the weekend turned to family, as we celebrated my mother's birthday on Saturday and my step-son's high school graduation on Sunday.  The idyllic Maine weather that we long for through the cold of winter provided the perfect background for plant shopping with Mom, a birthday dinner overlooking the harbor, and the gathering of family for Andrew's graduation from NYA.  I even managed to buy gas for the lawnmower and tidy up the front yard and garden.  Snapped the above photos and will add one of our gorgeous lady slippers soon.

Much food and more sunscreen and insect repellent were added to the growing pile of supplies, as I shopped my way home yesterday.  I was excited to find several additions to the "supper" category...angel hair and herb pasta mix, small pop-top cans of chicken and some new dehydrated black bean chipotle soup and risotto mixes in paper containers.  Found the last two right at Hannaford.  And my kayak is missing me...it is back on Webber Pond for the week, where I hope to squeeze in a couple of evening paddles.  Look for another article in the Lincoln County News this week, about a special project that my kids at school are doing to support Paddle for Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment