Saturday, July 16, 2011

The end is in sight

This is an update from me myself...first chance on a computer in 28 days.  Thanks to the amazing hospitality of Sue and Wade at Two Rivers Lunch in Allagash, where we are renting a cabin for the night, I have some time on a laptop.  Also, a shower, and a bed, and a kitchen to cook in, with running water and a stove...I could go on and on.  Enough to say that for now we are safely here, after many adventures and much beauty and we will be home on Tuesday, July 19.  Thanks go out to all who have been working to support Paddle for Hope and to all of the new friends I have made all across Maine.  Look for much, much more as I start writing in earnest in the days ahead, as well as sharing some of my favorite photos.  From the banks of the Allagash,  Laurie.  (Just have to add that I walked back to the cabin and Sue had delivered some warm brownies to our cabin.  People have been so friendly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment